Thermoguard SFR Dualcoat Custom Mixed Colours
Thermoguard Smoke & Flame Retardant Dualcoat
Volume discounts may be available on request.
- Decorative waterbased topcoat for application over:
- Timbercoat Insulating Basecoat and Timbercoat Intumescent 30/60 on wood
- Thermocoat WI and WO on internal steel and cast iron.
- Achieves BS EN Class B s1 dO safest standards for toxic smoke s1 flaming droplets dO and
Flamespread and Class O
- Colour range - RAL, BS4800, BS381,Thermoguard Select and selected NCS colours - please enter your colour reference in box provided. For white please see related products.
- Can also be used as a topcoat on suitable external timber and timber cladding.
Best to apply to all sides on external wood.
(For bare existing porous wood boards, we recommend Thermoproof Exterior)
- Can be used as part of a system to achieve 30 or 60 minutes Fire Resistance
- Finished system provides a smooth aesthetically pleasing durable finish proven to resist scuffing in high traffic commercial and residential settings when tested to ISO:11998:2006 making it
ideal for wooden panels lift lobbies and corridors. (Note: for the highest resistance to stains and scuffing always use Eggshell.)
How it works:
Insulating Basecoat expands in a fire to create a resilient insulating barrier.
Dualcoat Smoke and Flame Retardant emits a safe fire-damping vapour in a fire to control flame spread and suppress smoke.
Dualcoat SFR’s polyurethane hardened acrylic “cross-links” during the drying process to form a smoother, harder, more cleanable surface than typical wall paints and help eliminate the microscopic pockets that host bacteria which prevent effective cleaning.
Fire Test: FIRE TEST STANDARDS in UKAS and EOTA - accredited Fire Test laboratory BS EN Class B s1 d0 (old Class 0 compliant)
- Application: 1 or 2 coats as specified
- Pack Sizes: Sold in 20 m2, 40m2 and 80m2 pack sizes to aid correct application
- Coverage: Follow on can guide to coverage to enable project Certification.
- Drying: In normal conditions product will be touch dry in an hour and fully dry after 4 hours
- Do not apply in temperatures under 8°C or above 30°C.Conditions:
- Maximum relative: Humidity below 75%.
- Wood should be fully dry.
- Surface should be at least 3°C above the dew point.
Typical Use: This product forms part of a system for protecting wood and wood-based boards over Timbercoat and for Steel when used over Thermocoat WI and Wo
VOC Content: Low VOC. EU limit for this product (cat A/i) is 140 g/l. This product contains 16 g/lv
Composition Catalytic and safe vapour-emission compounds, nano-particle encapsulation-water-based polyurethane hardened cross-linking acrylic
Insulating and Thermocoat Basecoats must be clean and fully hard dry. Stir well before use
Brushes & Roller: Use a woven short pile roller sleeve or synthetic brush at rate stated on can
Spray: Pressure Pot and Gun conventional with hand-portable compressor. Thin 5% water OR Airless Graco 1500, 3500 or equivalent. 3/8” line, 30 mesh filter on machine, no filter in gun. 521, 523, 621 or 623 tips.
Ensure coverage is applied as per can i.e., 20 sq m can covers 20 sq metres.
Certificates: Once the works are complete, a project and area- specific Certificate available after due diligence via www.thermoguard.co.uk stating any project specification number.
Cleaning Return as much unused material to its original container as possible. Wash brushes, rollers and guns with clean water immediately following use.
Health and Safety: Please refer to the relevant Safety Data Sheet for full details of this product.
Apply all products according to BS 6150:2019- Buildings Painting Code of Practice
Do not store this product in cold temperatures below 5°C or above 30°C.
Store in a dry secure place away from children or animals.
Dispose of in accordance with local authority waste disposal measures.
Call 01753 684084 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.