PPG Sigma SigmaCover 280
PPG Sigma SigmaCover 280 (formerly Amercoat 71TC, Amercoat 185 HS) is a two component general purpose epoxy primer for use on steel and non ferrous metals.
A polyamide cured epoxy primer, SigmaCover 280 provides excellent adhesion to steel, galvanised steel and non ferrous metals and can be overcoated with most alkyd, chlorinated rubber, vinyl, epoxy and two component polyurethane coatings.
The SigmaCover 280 primer system is suitable for ballast tanks, decks, topside, superstructure, hull and cargo oil tanks.
It comes in light grey, red brown or green yellow.
- Good adhesion to steel and galvanised steel
- Good adhesion to non ferrous metals
- Good flow and wetting properties
- Good water and corrosion resistance
- Cure at temperatures down to 5C
- Suitable for the touching up of weld seams and damages of epoxy coatings during construction
- Excellent recoatability
- Can be overcoated with most alkyd, chlorinated rubber, vinyl, epoxy and two component polyurethane coatings
- Suitable on wet blast cleaned substrates (damp or dry)
- Compatible with well designed cathodic protection systems
- Stir well before use
- Apply with spray, long haired brush or polyether roller with rounded edges
- Touch dry: 1.5 hours (at 20C)
- Recoatable: varies according to temperature and topcoat (see data sheet)
- Full cure after 7 days
- Coverage: 11.4m2 per litre at 50 microns
- Volume solids: 57%
- Recommended dry film thickness: 50-100 microns depending on system
- Recommended thinner: 91-92 (see related products below)
Call us on 01753 686888 or email email@example.com for more information.
Data sheet and MSDS available on request.